Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's been awhile...

My apologies for the lapse in time, not having internet at home will do that. Well, since my last post (August 2008). Torie turned 1 on December 12 surrounded by friends and family. Time really has flown and I'm excited for what the next year has in store for us. Her party was so much fun! We had it at our church (same as the baby shower) and Torie had so much fun eating the cake that she picked up the whole thing and smashed her face in it.....classic! Zach is still her most favorite person and is still the only one that can make her laugh as hard as she does.

Zach started pre-school and is looking forward to starting kindergarden in the summer. We're going to be learning how to ride his two-wheeler very soon, so watch for updates on that! We fostered two basset hound/lab mix puppies last month named Tanner and Coal. Tanner was adopted at the first adoption event he went to and we're still waiting for Coal to find a home. We do miss them a lot but will be more prepared for having a puppy in the future when it's time.

Wedding plans are coming along, even though financially it's very frustrating. We decided to have it here in town at the Rail on May 21, 2010. It's a Friday night so we figured we could spend more time with family that weekend. It will be an early evening wedding with hors d'oevres. I was very lucky to find the exact dress that I wanted on eBay for 1/3 the price and we're waiting on the delivery now.

I did get a great job in the midst of these hard economic times. I was working part-time as a secretary for the Illinois Optometric Association when their Communications Director position became available after a month. I revealed my background in design and they hired me right then. I am in charge of maintaining the website, e-Newsletters, and a quarterly journal. I love it (even though the people here can be frustrating at times), it's just like I'm back in yearbook! HA!

Jim is excited to start working on the house this summer. The last bad storm took some of our shingles off of our roof, so we're waiting on the insurance claim to process to get that fixed. Our house is about 25-30 years old at least so there's a lot of updating required. Next will probably be the siding and windows. My project for the summer will be landscaping. One of our favorite things to do during the summer is have friends over for a BBQ so I want to make the backyard presentable! Plus, we have to make it safer for the kids to run around!

Well, here's to a great spring/summer now that the weather is warming up, and hopefully I can keep up on this blog a lot better.

All our love,
Lisa, Jim, Zach and Torie too!

No comments:

Post a Comment